COVID UPDATE - We are running our collection routes and facilities as scheduled. We are still accepting product orders and delivering materials. We hope that everyone stays safe and are working to keep our staff healthy and fully employed throughout this challenging time
Veteran Compost is a veteran-owned business focused on turning food scraps into high quality organic compost in Maryland, DC and Virginia. We provide food scrap collection, finished compost, and a host of other great products.
We're proud to have a number of claims to fame:
- We are the only company in the region permitted to collect and compost food scraps
- Our compost is YARD WASTE FREE and BIOSOLIDS FREE aka chemical free
- We have a large scale worm composting operation
- 100% Wind Power and Solar Power used at our compost facilities
- All of our employees earn a living wage
For Food Scrap Composting in the DC Metro Area please visit veterancompostindc.com
We offer collection service for residential, office and commercial customers in DC, Northern Virginia, and the Maryland suburbs. We also offer product pick-up/delivery and special event service.
Veteran Compost is about two things:
1. Employing veterans and their family members
2. Turning food scraps into high-quality organic compost
Our goal is to fuel our growth with people and material that others pass over.
Find out more about us!
- Compost (Bulk/Bagged)
- Worm Castings aka Worm Poop (Bagged)
- Square Foot Gardening Mix (Bulk/Bagged)
- Potting Mix (Bulk/Bagged)
- SuperSoil (Bagged)
- Biochar (Bagged)
- Food Scrap Collection - Commercial and Residential
- Special Event Support
- Food Scrap Drop-off
- Compost Consulting
We believe our food scrap collection service is cleaner, greener, and more transparent than anyone else serving the Baltimore and DC Metro Areas. All the material we collect is taken to our own composting facilities. They are fully permitted and have plenty of capacity.
We're always looking for new partners to collect food scraps from and provide compost. Find out more about how to compost your food scrap here.